Canadore’s Career Centre offers friendly service and access to resources designed to help you prepare for part-time employment, summer work or the first steps toward your professional career.
Services available to our students and graduates include:
- Resume building
- Professional letter development (cover, inquiry, acceptance)
- Interview skills and preparation
- Job search strategies
- Campus recruitment opportunities
iCanWork- Summer Employment
This program is designed to assist students with employment during the summer. Students must meet the following eligibility criteria to qualify for this program:
- Must have unmet financial need with which the program can reasonably assist, beyond OSAP and other available resources
- Must be returning for the next fall semester
- Must have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 for this academic year
Canadore Work Study Program
This program provides part-time, on-campus employment to eligible students. Students must meet the following eligibility criteria to be able to qualify for this program:
- Be an Ontario resident as defined by OSAP
- Be enrolled for the Fall/Winter term at Canadore
- Be in good academic standing
- Have unmet financial need with which the program can reasonably assist, beyond OSAP and other available sources
Once a students’ eligibility is confirmed, the students may apply for posted positions. All jobs will be posted on the Canadore Job Portal in early September.
Eligibility does not guarantee a job. An application with a resume and interview are still necessary.
The 2015-2016 application form is now closed. Stay tuned for the 2016-2017 application form.
Canadore is a proud supporter of our local Labour Market Group. Learn more here.
The 2016 Career Fair will be held on Tuesday, April 26th at the Davedi Club.
Stay tuned for more details
Canadore College JOB PORTAL
Canadore's Online Job Portal is a free online job search tool for Canadore students and Alumni. Check out the Job Portal!
- Create a customized profile
- Search Job postings
SIGN UP for your account here
The Canadore Job Portal is sponsored by our Alumni department and offers a valuable online tool which allows you to:
- Advertise employment opportunities FREE of charge
- Target your opportunities to academic programs specific to your needs
REGISTER your business here
We can also help your business with opportunities to meet on-campus with prospective employees.
College Drive Campus - Room C262
Commerce Court Campus - Room E101 D
Aviation Campus - Room Y237
West Parry Sound Campus - Room 121
email@example.com or by calling 705-474-7600 ext.5130