Welcome to the Canadore Career Centre offering you access to an extensive list of resources designed to help you prepare for employment - from writing your resume and cover letter to providing you with job search strategies and preparing you for your interviews.
Here are some of the free services available to our students and graduates:
- Access to our online job posting system for full-time, part-time, contract, seasonal, volunteer and on-campus jobs including Ontario Work/Study Program, Peer Tutoring and Note Taker opportunities.
- Access to our leading edge career software package – OptimalResume – featuring six user friendly modules designed to assist in building and formatting both written and video resumes, writing business and cover letters, preparing for interviews, assessing and cataloging your most marketable skills and experiences, creating an electronic portfolio and presenting it all on your own customized website.
- On campus recruitment opportunities – featuring employers invited on campus to promote current and future employment opportunities as well as field specific employment events and our annual job fair in the spring.
- Job search resources including links to numerous web sites for job searches over the internet
- Free access to computers, internet, photocopier, telephone and fax services (for employment-related purposes)
A free online service for Canadore students, graduates and alumni
Sign on at
and create your personal account today!
Canadore College Job Portal
A free online service for Canadore students, alumni, and EMPLOYERS
Create a customized profile • Post jobs • Search job posting
Search internships, placements and summer job posting • See upcoming job fairs
Visit one of our Career Centre Access locations listed below!
You can also email us at email@example.com
Education Centre Campus – Room C263 – Tel.: 705-474-7600 ext. 5130
Commerce Court Campus – Room E101D
Aviation Campus – Room Y237
Parry Sound Campus – Room 121
Canadore Career Centre – working with you to put you to work!
The Canadore College Job Portal sponsored by Alumni Services is now available through the Career Centre offering employers a valuable online tool which will allow you to:
- post employment opportunities for Canadore students and alumni free of charge.
- advertise and manage full time, part time, summer, contract and/or volunteer opportunities
- target opportunities to academic programs specific to your needs
- monitor the online traffic your opportunity generates
New employers can register for an account now to get started. You will be asked to create a username, password and company profile. The Career Centre will review all new account requests within 2 business days. Once your account is approved you will receive email confirmation. You can then use your username and password to login and post your job opportunities.
Employer Recruitment Events
The Career Centre will provide on-campus recruiting events offering employers the opportunity to meet on-campus with prospective employees while providing targeted publicity, on campus visibility and the opportunity to arrange interviews with students.
Employers will be invited to participate in our annual Job Fair each spring in addition to other recruiting efforts such as targeted information sessions, employer recruitment booths and on campus interviewing.
Canadore College and Nipissing University would like to invite employers to participate in Job Fair 2014 on March 12th.
If you would be interested in joining us let us know now and we will add you to our mailing list!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org