Welcome to the Canadore Career Centre offering you access to resources designed to help you prepare for employment - from writing your resume and cover letter to providing you with job search strategies and preparing you for your interviews.
Services available to our students and graduates:
- Access to our online job portal where you may find full-time, part-time, seasonal, volunteer and on-campus jobs including Canadore Work/Study Program, iCanWork Summer campus employment and Peer Tutoring.
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Interview skills
- Job search strategies
- Annual job fair and recruitment opportunities
iCanWork (Summer Employment)
This program is funded by Tuition-Set Aside funds to assist students with employment between academic terms.
Student must meet the eligibility criteria to be able to apply for this program:
- They must have unmet financial need with which the program can reasonably assist, beyond OSAP and other available resources.
- Student must be returning for the next fall semester.
- Must have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 for this year.
The 2015 application form is now closed
Canadore Work Study Program (CWSP)
(Part-Time work during the school year)
The above noted program provides part-time, on-campus employment to eligible students. Students must have demonstrated financial need to qualify for the program. It is understood that students will have accessed all possible funding sources, including OSAP, to support themselves throughout the academic year, before applying for OWSP eligibility. Work study is not intended to replace OSAP or provide emergency funding; it is to act as a supplement to other larger resources.
Canadore College Job Portal
A free online service for Canadore students, alumni, and EMPLOYERS
Create a customized profile • Post jobs • Search job posting
Sign on and register your new account
Visit one of our Career Centre Access locations listed below!
You can also email us at email@example.com
Education Centre Campus – Room C262 – Tel.: 705-474-7600 ext. 5130
Commerce Court Campus – Room E101D
Aviation Campus – Room Y237
Parry Sound Campus – Room 121
Canadore Career Centre – working with you to put you to work!
The Canadore College Job Portal sponsored by Alumni Services is now available through the Career Centre offering employers a valuable online tool which will allow you to:
- post employment opportunities for Canadore students and alumni free of charge.
- advertise and manage full time, part time, summer, contract and/or volunteer opportunities
- target opportunities to academic programs specific to your needs
New employers can register for an account now to get started. You will be asked to create a username, password and company profile. The Career Centre will review all new account requests within 2 business days. Once your account is approved you will receive email confirmation. You can then use your username and password to login and post your job opportunities.
Employer Recruitment Events
The Career Centre will provide on-campus recruiting events offering employers the opportunity to meet on-campus with prospective employees while providing targeted publicity, on campus visibility and the opportunity to arrange interviews with students.
Employers will be invited to participate in our annual Job Fair each spring in addition to other recruiting efforts such as targeted information sessions, employer recruitment booths and on campus interviewing.
Canadore College and Nipissing University would like to invite employers to participate in Job Fair 2015 in March 2015.
If you would be interested in joining us let us know now and we will add you to our mailing list!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org