First Generation Services
Consider registering for our First Generation Services to support your success!
What is a First Generation Student?
A First Generation (FG) student is one whose parent(s)/guardian(s) has/have not attended a post-secondary institution. If a sibling of the student has attended a college or university, but the parent(s)/guardian(s) have not, the student is still considered a FG Student.
What We Offer First Generation Students:
- A comfortable and welcoming place to ask questions in confidence about your personal or academic life
- Individualized guidance, consulting and support for FG students
- Advice about personal, academic and career goals and/or financial concerns
- An orientation to accessing services and resources
- Access to peer tutoring, academic supports and learning strategies
- Guidance in making community contacts and connections
- Workshops/Events tailored to the academic, financial, and social needs of FG students
- Opportunities for students to offer feedback to help enhance this initiative
Goals of the First Generation Student Initiative
- To encourage student success by offering ongoing support and academic services for FG learners in preparation for their careers
- To work in partnership with other College services to promote student success
For an appointment please contact:
Assistant, Office of Inclusion and Diversity, Student Services
G226 - Welcome Centre, College Drive Campus
705.474.7600 ext. 5134