School College Work Initiative (SCWI)
GET COLLEGE CREDITS NOW!
Who are they for?
Students who may need learning opportunities outside of high school and who would benefit from a college or apprenticeship experience to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
How do they help?
Dual credit programs can help students transition from high school to college and apprenticeship programs. They can help students complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma while customizing their learning with exposure to the college environment.
Students have the opportunity to:
- Earn high school credits while studying at a local college or taking apprenticeship training
- Gain experience in the transition to postsecondary education or apprenticeship
- Get a head start on learning and training for their future careers.
How do dual credit programs benefit students?
Participating in dual credit programs enables students to:
- Complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
- Have an experience that will help them make a successful transition to college or an apprenticeship program;
- Increase their awareness of the various college and apprenticeship pathways; and
- Gain greater insight into education and career planning decisions.
- Tuition, materials, equipment and transportation fees will be covered through the dual credit program.
Parent/Guardian of a high school student
If you are a parent/guardian of a secondary school student and answer “yes” to any of the following questions, you should encourage your son or daughter to enroll in a dual credit program at Canadore College.
- Would you like your son or daughter to “try out” a college program at no additional cost?
- Would you like your son or daughter to be more engaged in his or her secondary school education?
- Would you like your son or daughter to learn skills that can be applied to part-time or summer employment?
Do you need more information about Dual Credits?
Nbisiing Secondary School
Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board
W: 705.494.8600 ext. 3236
Conseil Scolaire Catholique Franco-Nord
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l’Ontario
W. 705.474.5500 poste 235
Near North District School Board
W: 705.472.7015 ext. 5054
Canadore: D229a (College Drive) and W145 (Commerce Court)