Mental Health and Wellness
What is Mental Health & Wellness?
Mental health is how people think, act and cope with life and the stressors and challenges that are part of the human experience. The state of one’s mental health can influence the ways in which they look at themselves, their life and others around them. It also strongly influences a person's potential for achieving their goals and is an important tool in obtaining and maintaining a feeling of well-being and stability.
We’re here to help YOU! From the simple questions to the more complex issues, we can support you. We help students balance all aspects of their life by promoting health & well-being.
In partnership with other college & community services we:
- Promote all aspects of student success
- Provide student support for maintaining a healthy balance between school, work & everyday life
What we offer:
- A comfortable, safe and confidential place to discuss your personal, emotional/mental health, or academic life issues
- Individualized support and consultation for wellness and mental health related concerns
- Mental health and crisis triage/screening/assessment support
- Mental health and Wellness tips & strategies
- Referrals to community services/counselling supports
- Access to related mental health information, education and resources
- Topics include but are not limited to: stress, depression, anxiety, nutrition, relationships, grief or mental illness
SSS services are confidential and do not cost you additional fees.
In case of emergency or crisis:
you are encouraged to seek immediate assistance at your nearest hospital/emergency department:
50 College Drive
phone # 705-474-8600 / call 911 OR 1-800-352-1141
OR Community Crisis Outreach 705-476-6240 ext.6241 or x 6243
A person in CRISIS may experience:
- Thoughts of suicide
- Thoughts of harming self or others
- Symptoms of mental illness
- Lack of ability to care for self
- Feelings of depression
- Feelings of stress & anxiety
- Feeling overwhelmed with life’s problems
- Grief or loss
Good2Talk is a free, completely confidential and anonymous services that offers you professional counselling, mental health information and connections to local resources.good2talk.ca/