Academic Continuity, Fall 2020
In spring 2020, COVID-19 disrupted the delivery of learning at Canadore and around the world. We had to flex, change, and adapt the way we teach, learn, and communicate. Despite the challenges this disruption brought, Canadore faculty and staff worked together to skillfully and collaboratively create rich and rigorous learning opportunities for students to complete their studies remotely.
This fall, remote delivery will continue to be the main mode of learning at Canadore as outlined in Canadore’s Academic Delivery Plan to ensure our collective safety. To assist faculty to continue to teach students remotely, the Academic Centre of Excellence (ACE) has developed some resources:
- NUT100: iLearn Support in a Nutshell to support iLearn design and use
- FAC100: Faculty Support for Remote Delivery to support the design and delivery of remote learning (August 2020 launch)
Both courses are located in iLearn and are accessed by selecting the word “Resources” from the navbar once logged in to iLearn.
Along with these resources, ACE will continue to provide professional development (PD) opportunities, and hold regular drop-in sessions online for faculty to learn and ask questions about remote delivery. PD opportunities, drop-in times, and how attend them are listed on this page. The ACE Team will also be available to provide iLearn, course design, EdTech support, and one-to-one help.
If you are looking for remote delivery support, take time to review the resources listed, attend a professional development opportunity, or reach out with your remote delivery questions. ACE is here to help. As we did in the spring, we will work together to create rich and rigorous learning opportunities for students.
Upcoming Online PD Opportunities
- July 28, 10 AM - Teams Basics
- July 29, 10 AM - Zoom Basics
- July 29, 11 AM - Guiding Principles for Remote Delivery
- July 29, 2-3 PM – iLearn Drop-In Support
- July 30, 10:0-11:00 AM – iLearn Drop-In Support
- July 30, 2 PM – Ten Tips to Engage Students Remotely
- August 04, 10:30-11:30 AM – iLearn Drop-In Support
- August 05, 2:30-3:30 PM – iLearn Drop-In Support
Contact ACE@canadorecollege.ca to signup for PD opportunities
(All sessions are EST)
Need One-to-One Help?
We are here to help! What type of one-to-one help do you need?
For iLearn (D2L) or course design help - email@example.com
For student accommodation help - firstname.lastname@example.org
For IT help - email@example.com
For general Academic Centre of Excellence (ACE) inquiries - ACE@canadorecollege.ca