(External Credit Transfer)
Credit transfer is the process of having your prior formal education assessed against courses in your program of study. In this way you may avoid the duplication of coursework where courses are assessed as essentially the same.
- Have your credit assessed! This is done on a course by course basis through the Credit Transfer Application process.
- Please read the following document carefully before filling in your application form:
- Credit Transfer Student Guide
Complete and submit your Credit Transfer Application Form as a package along with all required documentation.
- Please ensure your official transcript has been received by Canadore’s Admissions Office.
- Full course outlines must be included in your application package for all courses being reviewed.
Deadline: Applications are due 15 business days prior to the start of each semester. View all important dates and deadlines.
This may include:
- Established pathway options
- Having multiple credits from another postsecondary institution applied to your chosen Canadore program of study.
School of Sport and Recreation
If you have completed a college diploma or university degree you may be eligible for the fast-track option of the School of Sport and Recreation diploma programs.
- Recreation and Leisure Services (010411)
- Recreation Therapy (010412)
- Strength and Sport Conditioning (010413)
For full-time applicants, please select the corresponding program code (listed above) in your www.OntarioColleges.ca application. Please submit your official postsecondary degree or diploma transcript through your OCAS application in order to confirm eligibility for the fast-track option.
Part-time applicants of these programs should contact the School of Sport and Recreation directly.
Please contact the School of Sport and Recreation’s Academic Assistant for more information at 705-474-7600 ext. 5323 or Jonathan.Cranston@canadorecollege.ca
Early Childhood Education
Graduates of any Bachelor of Education or Bachelor of Arts program are eligible for the Early Childhood Education Intensive program which allows applicants direct entry into semester three of the ECE diploma program.
To apply, please select program code 010228 in your OntarioColleges.ca application. For more information please contact the Canadore College Admissions Office at email@example.com or by calling 705.474.7600 ext. 5123.
To apply for advanced standing into a Canadore College program:
- Please apply through OntarioColleges.caand select entry level 3.
- Upon submitting your OCAS application, please contact the Admissions Office 705.474.7600 ext 5123 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us that you are looking for advanced standing consideration.
- Your prior education will be assessed on a course by course basis. You will be required to provide your official transcript and full course outlines for review in order to determine the advanced standing to be awarded.
- If you submit your transcript while still in the process of completing courses you will be required to resubmit your official transcript upon completion of the semester so that the Canadore College Admissions Office has an official record of your final grades and/or credential completion.
- Upon admission to the program, the credit transfer application must be submitted, and the application fee paid, in order to have the credits applied to your student record.