So you want to attend Canadore?
Here's what you need to know!
Determine what program(s) you are interested in. In general, Canadore requires a senior level of education from your country.
Many programs have specific admission requirements, such as math or physics. These requirements are found in the program descriptions. To be considered for acceptance by the college, you must send a translated copy of your transcript with your application, showing that you have the program specific admission requirements.
If English is not your first language you must either provide proof of English competency or take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). You must have a minimum overall band score of 5.5 on IELTS, or a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 213 (computer scored) or 80 IBT (internet based) to be admitted to a postsecondary program at the college. SPP in India requires a minimum of IELTS 6.0.
Complete and mail the International Student Application Form to Canadore College with certified copies of your certificates, diplomas, transcripts, TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Note: All originals must be mailed.
When you are accepted into the program you have chosen, Canadore College will send you a letter of acceptance and an International Student Acceptance Information form in a format recognized by Canadian Immigration. This letter is required by the Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in your country when you apply for a study permit to study in Canada.
You must confirm that you will attend Canadore College by sending the Confirmation of Acceptance form included with your acceptance letter. Upon receipt of your deposit the College will reserve a seat in your chosen program. The tuition deposit is part of the total tuition cost. The receipt for this deposit will be required by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Guangzhou Civil Aviation College - Guangzhou, China
China Institute of Industrial Relations - Beijing, China
Stanford International College of Business & Technology - Toronto, Canada
Tobago Tourism & Hospitality Institute - Mount St. George, Tobago
Han Wen Vocational College - Guangzhou, China
Barbados Community College - Christ Church, Barbados
Nantong Shipping College - Nantong, China
South China University of Technology - Guangzhou, China
Latin America University of Science and Technology - San Jose, Costa Rica
Authorized International Recruiting Agents
- Royal Canadian International Consultants
- Elite International Education Services Corporation
- Phil Richardson, CEO Asia
- Qiguang Education Corporation
- CA-CN Connect Company
- Omnicom School of Languages
- York International Group
- CIIB Canada
- GEOS North America
- Navigators Overseas Solutions Pvt. Limited
- Alba Santos
- Alberto Ramon Nava
- Laura Saraiva
- IDP Education
If you want to study in Canada, you must meet some important immigration requirements. You may require both a Study Permit and a Temporary Visitor Visa (TRV). Study Permit is issued by an Immigration Officer. It allows you to come to or remain in Canada to take:
- An English as a Second Language Program of more than three months;
- An academic, professional or vocational training program at an approved college, university or other institution.
Study Permits and Temporary Visitor Visas are not issued from within Canada. You must apply to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which is located in your nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate. Citizenship and Immigration Canada is a Canadian government department and operates independently with no connections to any Canadian educational institution. Official information on requirements for a student authorization may be obtained from a CIC office in Canada, a Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate, and/or on their website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp.
In order to qualify for a Study Permit, you must first receive a letter of acceptance and an International Student Acceptance Information form from the College. After you have been accepted for a course of study, you must present this letter and form to the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate to complete your application for a Study Permit and a Temporary Visitor Visa. An officer there will tell you how to proceed and the documents required, such as:
- Acceptance letter and acceptance information form from Canadore College
- Receipt from the college for your confirming deposit
- Evidence of your good character and, if applicable, a letter from your sponsor
- Evidence of adequate funds to live and study in Canada for the duration of your program, including return transportation
- Certificate of medical clearance
- Your valid passport
International Students who submit formal written notification of withdrawal from a full-time program of instruction are entitled to a refund of tuition and ancillary fees as follows:
- Student Visa refusal with proof from Embassy or High Commission, $300 administrative charge applied and balance refunded
- Student Visa refusal with no proof or withdrawing before 10 days into classes, refund will be based on the following formula: Refund = fees paid – ((International Student Tuition Fee ÷ Tuition Fee for Canadian Students x $500)
- International students who do not submit an original refusal letter within 60 calendar days following your offered program start date, do not attend, decide to defer their admission or withdraw within 10 business days of the beginning of the semester, shall receive a refund or a portion of the full tuition and ancillary fees paid for the semester or program period as calculated according to the following equation: Refund = fees paid – ((International Student Tuition Fee ÷ Tuition Fee for Canadian Students x $500)
- After 10 business days, International Students shall receive a refund in full of any tuition and ancillary fees paid in advance for subsequent semesters.
- All refunds sent by WUBS or wire are subject to a $35 admin fee
- The same principle applies to refunds for students who are attending alternate delivery models.
Flywire for International Students
Canadore College has partnered with Flywire to offer international students and their families an easy and affordable way to pay for their tuition and fees.
Flywire is a secure method of payment that allows you to track your payment from start to finish. Through this service you can pay your tuition and fees from any country and any bank– often in your home country currency, which allows you to save on bank fees. To use this service you will be asked to create an account on the Flywire website with your basic personal information.
Students who have paid by FLYWIRE will have their refund returned by FLYWIRE. There is a $35.00 admin fee for this.
How to make a payment
Step 1: Go to Canadore’s payment portal (canadorecollege.flywire.com) to enter the amount you owe and the country you will be paying from.
Step 2: Select your payment option and payment type.
Step 3: Create a Flywire account or log in to your existing account. Enter basic information to initiate your payment booking.
Step 4: Review and confirm your payment.
Step 5: Follow your payment instructions to send funds to Flywire.
Note: Payment instructions are only valid for one payment. If you wish to make another payment to Canadore, please initiate a new booking.
Step 6: Track your payment by logging into your Flywire account at any time. Receive text and email status updated each step of the way, including a confirmation when your payment has been delivered to Canadore College.
How to send a payment from India: https://www.flywire.com/support/india/
Best Price Guarantee: https://www.flywire.com/best-price-guarantee/
Need help? Contact Flywire’s multilingual customer support!
Toll-Free: 1-800-346-9252 | Email: email@example.com