The Centre Without Walls (SCWW) Program is a FREE telephone-based seniors community outreach program to support vulnerable and isolated seniors and adults with physical disabilities who may find it difficult to leave home for extended periods of time due to financial constraints, transportation difficulties, and/or health and mobility issues. Considering the current situation, and everyone being home bound, anyone over 55 years of age will be able to participant. There are several communities that run this program across the province.
- Participants just need a telephone, NO computer or bandwidth required
- Creates community and friendships...from the comfort of home
- Enhances existing seniors programs
- Bridges waitlist gaps and reduces ER visits by 50%
- Removes barriers – relieves isolation and loneliness
We are beginning with a pilot group and will expand to include various senior clubs and organizations in the Nipissing Parry Sound District. We are currently in the planning and training phase. We hope to begin in May 2020.