Apply To Be A Resident Advisor Header
Thank you for your interest in the Resident Advisor (RA) Position at Canadore College Residence! To apply, please contact your Residence Life coordinator for information.
What is an RA?
An RA is a current student that lives in Residence who acts as a role model, mentor, resource and support to other students living in Residence. RAs help to build the amazing community that we call home here at Canadore Residence, by planning and facilitating educational and social events, as well as ensuring that residents feel safe, secure and supported during their time living in Residence.
What does an RA do?
RAs perform many different duties within the residence, including:
- Programming: RAs plan and host educational and social events for their own community, and for the wider residence community.
- Duty Shifts: During a duty shift, RAs will perform rounds of the building to ensure the health and safety of all residents; perform the duties of the sign in desk; complete all administrative tasks as required; engage with and support students in residence.
- Student Engagement: RAs are expected to engage with their community on a regular basis, ensuring that all residents are aware of the support available to them and the events happening in residence. RAs may also use social media to engage with residents.
Do I have to live in Residence to be an RA?
Yes, you do need to live in Residence to be an RA.
RA candidates are required to apply for Residence and receive their Offer of Acceptance in accordance with deadlines and payments applicable to the Residence application.
What are the perks?
- Free training, including First Aid & CPR
- Free professional development opportunities
- Transferable skills on your resume
- The opportunity to meet lots of people and make lots of friends
- Guaranteed Acceptance in the years in which you are employed
- 3 full 40-hour weeks of paid training in August
- No commute to work!
When will I hear about my application?
All RA applicants will receive communication about their application from our team within 1 week of submission.
Looking for more info?