The library provides access to wide variety of electronic resources including databases, electronic journals, ebooks and more across a wide variety of subject areas. Explore Databases available to Canadore College by looking for the Canadore College wordmark or filtering the list of Database types to “Canadore”.
The library has developed resource guides around a number of different subjects including Truth and Reconciliation, Black History Month, Pride and more to give you a quick introduction to some of the many different resources we have available for each of these subjects. Explore Research Guides to learn more and kick start your research. More guides are always being developed so check back often
If you already have a RACER account, log in here.
First time user? Create a RACER account.
Forgot your password? Contact us at ResourceSharing@nipissingu.ca.
The Library covers the cost of most interlibrary loans so there is no charge to patrons. Additional charges apply to the following:
- Items from outside of Canada $30
- Items from Canadian institutions not covered by reciprocal borrowing agreements $20
If these charges apply, you will be notified before your request is processed so that you can accept the charges or cancel your request.
Government Information / Maps / Statistics
- Canada's Parliament provides access to Parliament of Canada publications, including bills and debates.
- Statutes and Regulations of Canada allows searching of consolidated federal statutes and regulations.
- Internet Archive is a Canadian Government Publications Portal.
- Legislative Assembly Of Ontario provides access to Legislative Assembly of Ontario publications including bills and debates.
- Statutes and Regulations of Ontario allows searching of consolidated Ontario statutes and regulations.
Canadian Statistics and Data
- Statistics Canada Website
- Statistics Canada Data
- Open Data Portal - Government of Canada
- Ontario Open Data
U.S. and International Statistics
- U.S. Government Data and Statistics is a gateway to statistics from U.S. Federal departments and agencies.
- Eurostat provides statistics of the European Union member countries.
- OECD StatExtracts includes data and metadata for Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development countries and selected non-member countries.
- ONTARIO GEOSPATIAL DATA EXCHANGE (OGDE)
The Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources offers many layers of open data via direct download. Please see library staff to access restricted layers.
- Ontario GeoHub - authoritative geospatical data for Ontario from the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
Proper citation is required when using these products for papers, publications, reports or presentations. Data sets with restricted access are licensed to current students, faculty and staff for non-commercial use only.
- The Atlas of Canada
- Toporama - Natural Resources Canada
- Statistics Canada - Census Geography Products
- United States Topo Maps - USGS
- Topographic Maps - The Basics