Get College Credits Now!
Dual credit programs help students transition from high school to college and apprenticeship programs. They help students complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma with customized learning and exposure to the college environment.
Students have the opportunity to:
- Earn high school credits while studying at a local college or taking apprenticeship training
- Get a head start on learning and training for their future careers
Who is eligible?
Grade 11 and 12 students who need learning opportunities outside of high school and who would benefit from a college or apprenticeship experience to complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Dual credit programs are for students who:
- are under the age of 21 who have the potential to succeed but who are at risk of not graduating from high school
- have left high school before graduating
- are participating in boards' re-engagement initiatives
- are in college-delivered Level 1 OYAP programs
- are in Specialist High Skills Major programs
What is offered?
A wide variety of programming is available from:
- Aviation Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Health, Human Care and Wellness
- Media, Design and Dramatic Arts
- Sport and Recreation
- Trades and Technology
- Apprenticeship Dual Credit
Students should contact their secondary school Student Services or Guidance Office for more information or contact the appropriate school board's SCWI representatives.
Learn more about the SCWI program
Looking for more information about the Dual Credit program? Want to register?
Near North District School Board
705.472.7015 ext. 5054
Nipissing-Parry Sound Catholic District School Board
705.494.8600 ext. 3236
Nbisiing Secondary School
Conseil Scolaire Catholique Franco-Nord
705.472.1701 ext. 2328
Conseil scolaire public du Nord-Est de l’Ontario
705.474.5500 poste 235