The Canadore Volunteers program is a non-academic based initiative that encourages the entire Canadore College community, from students to employees to business partners, to engage in meaningful community service.
A Co-Curricular Record documenting each student’s volunteer work will be managed and validated by Canadore’s Employer Services in cooperation with community agencies. Activities reflected on the record will have no affiliation to volunteering for which students receive academic credit.
Canadore Volunteers participants will be encouraged to make a positive change by engaging in civic life and creating new social networks all the while contributing to a higher purpose. Students will be recognized for their efforts at convocation, and employees at the annual employee awards ceremony.
What is a Co-Curricular Record?
A Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is a document that formally recognizes student volunteer participation in out-of-classroom activities that enhance student learning and personal growth.
Activities listed in the CCR Directory include student life programs, student leadership development programs, community engagement activities and athletics.
Academic credit is not provided for participating in these activities.
How does having a Co-Curricular Record benefit you, as a student?
- Supports credentials when applying for jobs, internships, scholarships, bursaries and awards
- Provides employers with concrete evidence of motivation to take responsibility for learning and personal growth
- Supports your application when pursuing further education
- Demonstrates initiative to get involved and make a difference within the community.
Deadlines for students to submit requests to add an activity to their Co-Curricular Record (CCR) for the 2016-2017 academic year are as follows:
- CCR activities ending in the fall semester (September to December 2016)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Thursday, November 24, 2016 by 4:30 pm
- CCR activities ending in the winter semester (January to April 2017)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Thursdy, March 30, 2017 by 4:30 pm
- CCR activities ending in the spring semester (May to August 2017)
- Students are to submit their request to add the activity to their record by Friday, July 29, 2017 by 4:00 pm
Trina St. Jacques
Employer Services Coordinator
705.474.7600 ext. 5143