Health Science Student Placements
Attention all students. ESPC (Electronic Student Permit Check) has been renamed to ERV (Electronic Requirements Verification).
Canadore College has partnered with Synergy Gateway Inc. to provide support and clearance for pre-clinical placement requirements.
To have your documents validated you will be required to book an Electronic Requirements Verification (ERV) appointment through Verified, a proprietary platform that is used by students across Canada for the purpose of digitally collecting placement requirements and documentation for verification. Log in details for Verified will be sent to your email account once you have completed your course registration.
It is the responsibility of the students to ensure that all the necessary documents are obtained and submitted to Verified. All students enrolled in Canadore’s Health Science programs are required to have their documents stamped by Synergy in order to proceed to a clinical placement.
ACCESS TO VERIFIED
- Your Verified login information will be emailed to your email address (the one you registered with) after you register for your program. This can take up to a couple of weeks. If you are having difficulties accessing your login, please contact Synergy at: synergyhelps.com
- If you cannot locate this information in your general inbox, then please check your junk/spam folder prior to contacting synergyhelps.com
- This account will be active until you complete your program.
- Review your program’s specific placement requirements detailed on the Welcome Package (below). This document is also on Verified’s website. It also contains an FAQ.
- Once you have ensured that all requirements have been completed and uploaded to your profile, you may book your ERV Appointment on Verified. This notifies Verified by Synergy Gateway that your profile is ready for verification. Verified will not review your documents until you book your ERV appointment, and there are limited appointments available in a day (approximately 20). That is why it is best to complete your clinical documentation and submit it to Verified as soon as possible.
- To avoid paying additional appointment fees, ensure all of your documentation has been uploaded PRIOR to booking your ERV appointment. You are able to upload these documents at any time under your profile tab.
- You do NOT need to attend your ERV appointment in person or online – Synergy will send you an email after your ERV appointment date and time with an update.
- Know when due dates are for your program so that you can book your ERV appointment accordingly. You may not be eligible to attend your clinical placement if you do not have your documentation completed.
Initial Clearance Appointment $ 25.50 +HST
Follow-up Appointment $ 10.00 +HST
- The first and most important requirement is that your physician or a health unit completes a Communicable Disease Screening Form prior to the school year starting, and submit them to Campus Health at CampusHealthCentre@canadorecollege.ca along with the eCommunication Consent Form before requesting a Campus Health Clearance Card. Alternatively, you can set up an appointment with Campus Health, bring your current immunizations with you, and they will assist you with the process. Please visit this link for more information on the Canadore Health Clinic Process. Always follow up with Campus Health to ensure that you receive a Campus Health Clearance Card – this confirms your immunizations and it will need to be uploaded to the Verified Platform.
- If it is a requirement of your program, please ensure you apply for your Vulnerable Sector Check EARLY – it can take 6 to 12 weeks for it to come in. If you require a letter stating why you require a VSC, please email your clinical placement coordinator at Sarah.Jodouin@canadorecollege.ca. Please ensure that your Vulnerable Sector Check is coming from a local police station (this can be online or in person) and not a purely online “background check” site.
- Please note, online CPR certificates are not acceptable. You do need to complete a hands on portion of CPR in order for it to be considered valid.
- Always follow up with Campus Health to ensure that you receive a Campus Health Clearance Card – this confirms your immunizations and it will need to be uploaded to the Verified Platform.
- Most of your requirements will expire a year after the date they were processed. If your documents do not cover you for the entirety of your school year, you will be required to submit new ones, at a cost to Verified. That is why it is important to submit documents that will not expire for the duration of your school year, if possible. You will be notified of any upcoming expiration of documents on your profile page for Verified by Synergy Gateway.
- Campus Health Clearance Card, Vulnerable Sector Check, CPR, WHMIS, Worker Health and Safety in Four Step all have to be completed yearly. They expire a year after the date they were completed.
- First Aid (if it applies to your program) expires the date on the card.
- Mask fitting expires 2 years after completion.
- Always keep your original documents – we would suggest keeping them in a binder with sheet protectors, so you are able to provide them to your placement agency, if asked.
- There are costs associated with permit checking, immunizations, lab tests and certifications. Be sure to keep all of your receipts for income tax purposes.
- There may be additional forms to complete and send to the clinical coordinator and Welcome Package for specifics.
OTHER REQUIRED FORMS
Please fill out the below form associated with your program, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This provides consent to the college to share your clinical documentation with placement agencies.
- Practical Nursing Consent Forms
- Dental Hygiene Consent Form
- Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Consent Form
- Personal Support Worker Consent Form
- Respiratory Therapy Consent Form
- International Nursing Licence Prep Consent Form
- BScN Consent Form