Explore the trades with this introductory dual credit program.
Introduction to Carpentry - TSK4T (College Course: CRP010)
The Construction Industry is fast-paced and offers many exciting career opportunities. This course is an introduction to the carpentry trade. Students will be introduced to a variety of hand and power tools. The emphasis will be on identification, selection and safe operating procedures of these tools. Skill building will focus on residential house framing. Students will frame floor, wall and common rafters using proper layout techniques and terminology.
Vehicle Lube and Maintenance Techniques - TTK4T (College Course: MPM003)
In the automotive industry all Technicians start out doing oil and tire changes and detailing cars. This course will center on the skills to do these tasks to the best possible level. All aspects of maintenance inspection will be covered.
Length: Mornings - February 5 to March 30, 2018 (March 9-16 off)
- Tuition, materials, equipment and transportation fees will be covered through the Dual Credit program
- Students will be contacted by the SCWI Program Assistant, at least one week prior to the start of the program, to be provided with a date, time and location for an orientation session
- To be eligible for this program students must be 21 years of age or older, aiming to complete an Ontario Secondary School Diploma
What You Need
What You Need
Dual credit programs can help students transition from high school to college and apprenticeship programs. They can help students complete their Ontario Secondary School Diploma while customizing their learning with exposure to the college environment.
Students have the opportunity to:
- Earn high school credits while studying at a local college or taking apprenticeship training
- Gain experience in the transition to postsecondary education or apprenticeship
- Get a head start on learning and training for their future careers.