Interprofessional Health Conference to be Hosted at Canadore
Nov 19, 2018 | Canadore College
(NORTH BAY, ONT.) – Tomorrow, students from Canadore College will be taking part in a conference highlighting the importance of interprofessional and interdisciplinary health care practice in the workplace.
The conference will see nearly 600 students from nine programs within Canadore College’s School of Health, Human Care and Wellness, including the Nipissing University/Canadore College Collaborative BScN program, apply acquired knowledge from their respective programs to a case study.
The sessions will carry out a common scenario that was designed to encourage students to work cooperatively to analyze and discuss interprofessional collaboration competencies from the National Interprofessional Competency Framework (NCIF). Proficiencies within interprofessional educational simulations aim to assist participants
- The use of appropriate language when speaking to other healthcare providers, patients
- Understanding that all healthcare providers contribute to the collaborative patient care unit
- Showing respect and building trust among team members
- Turning to colleagues for answers
- Supporting each other when mistakes are made, and celebrating together when success is achieved.
Canadore College is recognized provincially as a leader in the integration of interprofessional education and collaboration competencies into all of their health and human service programs.
Media are welcome to attend.
Event: Student Interprofessional Health Conference
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Time: Session 1: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. / Session 2: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Gymnasium, College Drive Campus, 100 College Drive, North Bay, Ont.
Canadore College trains people through applied learning, leadership
For more information, please