One-week environmental field trip
Upcoming Intake: Fall 2024: College Drive – North Bay
Advance your education with specialized training in environmental management designed to complement your previous training and improve your employability skills. This Graduate Certificate program is hands-on, with a large portion of the training happening in the field – the living lab. Join this trending career field and help manage a changing planet.
Your Future Career
- Public/private environmental compliance sector
- Government agencies and ministries
- Environmental consulting
- Water/wastewater treatment industry
- Energy, forestry and mining sectors
- Environmental groups and organizations
What You Learn
- Environmental field techniques
- Environmental impact assessment
- Drinking water provincial certification
- Geomatics (GPS/GIS training)
- Sustainability and resource management
- Data analysis, interpretation and modelling
- Environmental auditing and compliance
Graduate from a related 2-year technician diploma or a 3-year technology diploma program with a GPA of 3.2 or higher. Or graduate from a related university program, e.g., Bachelor of Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Environmental Geography, Environmental Biology, Chemistry, Biology, or related degree program from an international university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
|Environmental Field Techniques and Field Camp
|Environmental Site Assessment
|Environmental Impact Assessment
|Environmental Law II
|Environmental Sustainability Management
|Environmental Career Success
|Environmental Data Analysis
|Environmental Management Systems and Risk Assessment
|Environmental Resource Management
|Environmental Field and Lab Techniques
|Applied Geomatics II
2023-24 – 1 year – Ontario College Graduate CertificateCollege Drive Campus – Domestic
2023-24 – 1 year – Ontario College Graduate CertificateCollege Drive Campus – International
What You Need
What You Need
Check out the Campus Bookstore to not only purchase your textbooks but also view your book list before the semester starts.
Canadore College has implemented Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to enhance your learning experience in and out of the classroom while ensuring flexibility in learning.
To learn more about BYOD and to find out what is required for your program, please visit https://www.canadorecollege.ca/BYOD
You will also need:
- Internet access with unlimited internet package
- Outdoor seasonal clothing (in particular winter boots, ski pants, parka, gloves, scarf, mitts, toque, and for fall, fall outer gear, weather proof/rain proof, rain boots, etc.)
- Lab Coat
- Lab Kit
Ontario College Graduate Certificate along with optional certification in:
- MOECC - Entry-Level Course for Drinking Water Operators (ELC)
- Operation of Conventional Treatment Processes (At WCWC in Spring)
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness
- Green Check (Advanced)
Learning outcomes represent culminating demonstrations of learning and achievement. In addition, learning outcomes are interrelated and cannot be viewed in isolation of one another. As such, they should be viewed as a comprehensive whole. They describe performances that demonstrate that significant integrated learning by graduates of the program has been achieved.
Further Your Education
Further Your Education
There are many options available to students who already have some postsecondary education.
Whether you are looking to study at Canadore from another school, continue your education at Canadore, or looking to pursue further education elsewhere, we can help find the right path for you!
Whether you want to Transfer TO Canadore, Transfer WITHIN Canadore, or prepare to Transfer FROM Canadore, we've got you covered!
Learn more about Credit Transfer and Pathway opportunities here.