Learn to test, diagnose, inspect, repair and maintain boat engines.
Become a Small Engine or Marine Engine Technician and gain the skills to challenge the Certificate of Qualification exam. All students in class are working in the trade, providing an excellent opportunity for networking. The program can act as a great stepping stone to several other trades.
Must be a signed apprentice with the Ontario College of Trades to be eligible to take this program. Go to http://www.collegeoftrades.ca/ or http://www.tcu.gov.on.ca/eng/employmentontario/training/ for more information.
Length of Study: 3 Levels. Each level is an 8 week block, 30 hours per week, totalling 240 hours.
NOTE: Upon completion, successful students are eligible to challenge the Ontario Certificate of Qualification.
Your Future Career
- Small/Marine engine technician
- Service manager
- Service writer
- Marina operator (level 3)
What You Learn
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Fuel systems, engine systems
- Braking, transmission and auxiliary power systems
- Propulsion systems (level 3)
- Electronic fuel management systems (level 3)
- Handling, rigging, running and storing auxiliary systems (level 3)