Learn to test, diagnose, inspect, repair and maintain boat engines.
Become a Small Engine or Marine Engine Technician and gain the skills to challenge the Certificate of Qualification exam. All students in class are working in the trade, providing an excellent opportunity for networking. The program can act as a great stepping stone to several other trades.
Length of Study: 3 Levels. Each level is an 8 week block, 30 hours per week, totalling 240 hours.
NOTE: Upon completion, successful students are eligible to challenge the Ontario Certificate of Qualification.
Your Future Career
- Small/Marine engine technician
- Service manager
- Service writer
- Marina operator (level 3)
What You Learn
- Electrical and electronic systems
- Fuel systems, engine systems
- Braking, transmission and auxiliary power systems
- Propulsion systems (level 3)
- Electronic fuel management systems (level 3)
- Handling, rigging, running and storing auxiliary systems (level 3)
What You Need
What You Need
Check out the Campus Bookstore to not only purchase your textbooks but also view your book list before the semester starts.
Canadore College has implemented Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) to enhance your learning experience in and out of the classroom while ensuring flexibility in learning.
To learn more about BYOD and to find out what is required for your program, please visit https://www.canadorecollege.ca/BYOD