T2202 update and SIN/ITN number requirement

It is important that your SIN/ITN be updated on the student Self Service portal system prior to the release of the T2202 tax slips. If you have not yet updated the number please do so immediately following the instructions below.

Updating my SIN/ITN instructions

As of 2019, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has made it mandatory for all post-secondary institutions to include SIN/ITN on the T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate) tax form. This information can be found on the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) website. Prior to distribution of T2202 forms, it is important that you update your record to include the required information.

Please add your SIN to your student record by:

  • Logging in to your Self Service account
  • Click on the Personal Information menu
  • Select Social Insurance Number Update
  • Follow the prompts to enter your SIN

My SIN will be expiring soon / has expired. What do I do?

You can enter the number you have even if it has expired or will be expiring soon. That is the number you had while studying at Canadore so it will be entered on your record. If you have any other questions about this process or have difficulty entering your SIN please contact admissions@canadorecollege.ca.