What are the SDG’s?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations General Assembly and adopted by countries around the world. They are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity in a world where no one is left behind.
Interested in Applying?
We are currently seeking students who are interested in:
- Becoming a leader
- Work toward achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s)
- Gaining valuable skills for your future while benefiting your region or community
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 2.0 and a percentage grade of 73-76 from last semester (High School, College or University) to participate in the leadership program.
- You do not need to have past experience or engagement with the SDG’s;
- Previous Student Leadership experience is not required – just a commitment to the SDG’s.
- Your first priority is your academic work. All we ask is that you complete the Student Leadership Training (at the Summit – scheduled during Fall Reading Week), then work on your own or with team members to create an action plan (event) that is aligned with a SDG.
Mastering leadership competencies will prepare you for future career and personal success!
I CAN LEAD Student Leadership Training takes place during the Summit (scheduled during Fall Reading Week) and will focus on the following Leadership competencies:
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Communication and Listening
- Self-Awareness and Development
- Personal Leadership Behaviours
- Social Justice, Equity, & Inclusion